
I'm just back from Albany at a conference for work, after barely any sleep, so I'm writing this 1. tired 2. with a bad memory because I finished this a week ago.
This was a thriller. It was violent and extremely suspenseful. At first none of it makes sense because the author jumps around but it all make sense f you give it time. The author and the plot are all Swedish, so the language (its in English, but it's clearly Swedish) and even the names of towns, peoples, restaurants, colleges ...make it even that much more interesting.
The title character is awesome. She's completely misunderstood because of the way she looks but her intelligence is no match for anyone she comes into contact with. She's a very twisted, confused and brilliant heroine.
It's too bad the author didn't live to see this become the success it is now. And there are two more books in this series. But isn't that why we write and take snapshots of life? To be remembered?
1 comment:
Iain really wants to read the book and watch this film. It is playing at the second run theater near your house
Post a Comment