
Marley and Me, this is not. And that's a good thing. This was well written and unique from any animal story I've read. Life from the viewpoint of a dog. And he's smart. And sarcastic. And he curses. He protects his owner even when he doesn't think he can, and this plot was very, very strong- unlike Marley and Me.
One of the many things that I found amusing was how Enzo (the dog) strongly felt it necessary for inventors to make up a device-like they have for Stephen Hawking when he wants to speak - but for dogs. There were so many times Enzo wanted to help and talk but he couldn't, so he just peed or acted out to try and make a point. Also, his education is based on TV shows like law and order and CSI which cracked me up....
I enjoyed this very much. And it was a good, satisfying ending. I was left so depressed by Marley and Me that I will never bring myself to watch the movie. Any animal lover will enjoy this book. It makes you look at animals in a different light and ask yourself "what in the world are they thinking about right now?"
1 comment:
Oooh, I'm so reading this
Post a Comment