
I loved this. This book is from the viewpoint of an autistic teen living in the suburbs of England who finds a dog killed and is determined to find who did it even though he's afraid of change, strangers and anything that might be out of schedule. Some of his habits and his misunderstandings of subjects we find second nature are funny but endearing. He's brilliant but he doesn't understand emotion only facts such as mathematics or science. His investigation leads to a huge can of worms - that's unexpected not only to the character but also to the reader. This was a very quick read and I couldn't put it down because it was just soo unique. I won't say anymore just in case you choose to read this but I will say that this was definitely worth it. I haven't enjoyed a book this much since reading East of Eden a couple of months ago. And I'm not saying that this in any way, shape or form this compares to the Steinbeck classic, but it's just as addictive.
Btw: I just read this as a fluke. An inspector at my job was giving away his wife's old books (with her consent of course) and I took this because no one else did. So worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment