Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Touchy Subjects


This is a collection of really good short stories by Emma Donoghue (author of "Room") separated by topic of "Babies", "Desire", "Strangers", and "Death". I enjoyed every single short story within those topics (there were about 15 spread out within those topics). All of them did justice to the title of "touchy subject", ranging from trying to have a baby, avoiding people, finding a missing relative, dealing with strangers in public, the question of whether pets are family members that should get christmas presents (my favorite), overdoses, and transexuality. Really well done and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a quick easy read.

The great thing about short stories is that you can walk away from them and go back the next week and not be lost. But I didn't want to stop reading these. I was actually glad to get off work early today so that I could finish the last story.

No comments: