
Happy Veterans Day! That being said, I have not had a chance to do anything. So while I observe our troops and vets, I'll update my blog (which I have neglected)
I watched half an episode of True Blood and decided that it was so ridiculous that I should at least read the first book. The episode made me laugh (and its not a comedy). I don't love the book, but it is entertaining and of course much better than True Blood..which just makes the characters seem dirty and sex crazed. It's a good thriller, but so much of it is like a bad romantic novel. I'm not sure if I even likethe protagonist Sookie Stackhouse because she seems so flaky. (Example: Three days after her grandmother is killed, she having tantric sex with Bill the Vampire in her grandmothers ROOM). She's smart, and she has potential, but she's full of herself. I think the world that Charlaine Harris has created is what made it interesting for me. Imagine living amongst vampires with them considered regular citizens. and shapshifters. And I do like that Sookie is a telepath..otherwise, she'd be completely uninteresting.
I'm giving the second book a try. I can say right now, that I'm not going to read all the series books (I think there are ten and more coming). But I will at least try the first three. I don't know. I'm not crazy about it, and I'm not sure if I understand the following or popularity just yet but I guess the fact that I'm on the second book shows that it has captured my interest.
No comments:
Post a Comment