
Unique book, but interesting. Coming from the viewpoint of a rags to riches Indian man that defines the differences between the rich elite and the poor in his country. The narrator is actually writing to the Premier of China, admitting to everything he has done so that this Premier knows what kind of country he is visiting. This narrator takes accountability for his actions, admits that he's a determined killer, but proves that some people will sell their soul to not be poor.
I'm probably not doing justice because I don't want to give too much away, but this was good. There are much better books out there, but this was rare because of its originality. I love reading about other countries and the social struggles people, albeit fictional ones, go through life. One more thing, this was this authors first book. Not a masterpiece, he should definitely be proud of it. Plus, the title is perfect for this book. Perfect.
2 comments:
I agree that it was good, but not particularly amazing. I liked the whole idea of "The Darkness." And it's true, he's not apologetic about his crime or his other immoral deeds, because the whole entire system is corrupt and the only way to get ahead is to be corrupt, too. And I like how he gets pissed off about the prostitute having fake hair.
hahaha, i had completely forgotten about that.
that was so odd. but for 7,000 rupees, I guess he wanted a swedish woman.
Post a Comment