
I'm still catching up on classics. I think anyone who likes anything vampires should read this. This was more enjoyable than any rendition I've actually
seen of Dracula, ever. Hollywood really changed this story to make Dracula seem sexually hungry and a womanizer....and its a shame, because this original was so so so good and he really isn't at all. He's greedy, plain and simple. But not for sex and not just for blood. And, surprisingly, it's a very easy read. I thought it would be too dated or "Old English" for me to comprehend. It's written by way of journal entries by a group of people (who don't know one another but end up becoming connected because of their insane experiences) and it's very entertaining because of that format. Imagine that these people knew nothing of what a vampire is, and having to have someone as eccentric as Van Helsing (actually an old man, not Hugh Jackman in the least) to depend on for survival. I recommend this to anyone willing to ignore the Hollywood dracula's and read a classic story with fresh eyes. It was so worth my time.
No comments:
Post a Comment