
Excellent. Mark my words: this will be a movie..and if done right, it'll get a bunch of awards. What an addictive book. Novelist and screenwriter Benioff's glorious second novel (The 25th Hour, 2000) is a wild action-packed quest, and much else besides: a coming-of-age story, an odd-couple tale and a juicy footnote to the historic World War II siege of Leningrad. Two young men are given the impossible task of locating eggs for a Colonel who will kill them otherwise. Oh...and the presence of some Nazi's makes the whole thing edgier.
Despite the This book cracked me up. There are so many hilarious one liners. I loved it and I flew through it in two days. And if I didn't have to work, sleep, and eat, I would have never stopped until I was done.
I highly, highly recommend! Finishing it was bittersweet, I wanted more!
No comments:
Post a Comment