Saturday, November 15, 2008

Prop 8

I'm behind in talking about this but I know what's going on. Actually, I don't. It's so simple and it's being made so complicated. I don't understand how one person can say who someone else can love. How does someone have the audacity to decide what their neighbor wants. I don't understand the people who compare homosexuality to beastiality (the "joke" that once gay people can get married, the next thing up is that I'll be able to marry my cat). It's very sad.

Two more people I know are getting married next year. I'm beating a dead horse when I say: why can they?...and someone else -who happens to be gay...can't? I think it's disgusting. I know religious aspects are what sometimes bring people against it...but I'm sure if God is actually existent he wouldn't want us to be fighting over marriage if we are all supposed to be equal. It's hypocritical. If God "loves" all of us, I don't think he's excluding gay people for his love because he created all of us. So the logic is screwed. I think most of us can agree on that obvious fact.

After Barack Obama was elected I kept hearing that the older generations were so glad that they could see him make it before they died. I hope the same thing for my generation when it comes to full equality, for gay people too. Who cares who you love, as long as you love? I really hope I get to see that before my time comes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

for real. you know i wholeheartedly agree with you on this.

Hinna said...

This shows a number of things:
1) direct democracy is dangerous
2) church and state need to be desperate, why can't people desperate the two?
3) The state made an extra 65 million this year when gay marriage became legal. We can use the money as we are in deep debt.

Elaine said...

none of of it makes sense. i remember one of my professors was really against it and justified it by saying that the civil and domestic courts would be a mess if it was allowed. um..they are already a mess. don't blame gay people for a flawed system.

Hinna said...

I meant separate. I was on crack when I wrote that