Super fast read from Walter Dean Myers that will definitely bother you. I didn't know what to think at the end and this was one of those books great for a book club because you WANT to talk about what you just read, why something happened, and why something didn't happen.
Very interesting premise that we've all heard before, but written in such a way that it makes you wonder "where is this going!". The book is in diary and screenplay format (the young accused defendant wants to be a movie writer) so its interesting when the court scenes start. Steven Harmon, the young 16 year old on trial for felony murder will make you think twice about what is innocence and what is guilt.
All I've got to say is that even though I'd love to be on a jury, stories like these make you nervous to play with someone's life.
Not the best book ever written, but I recommend.

No comments:
Post a Comment