
I didn't love it, I didn't hate it.... but there was no plot. There was no feeling that this character grew or become a better/worse person as a result of his interactions - both past and present- with people. I thought the ending was odd and made me wonder what kind of person was narrating this story because it was such a shift from who I thought he was. He spends his time telling the reader what he thinks of other people, but then when you see what someone else thinks of him and how he effected their life, he doesn't seem like such a great person. Perhaps that was the point of the book. I'm not sure.
I read some glowing reviews about this book and I think some people would love it. It's very well written and I think this being a first novel for this author is something to be proud of.
I didn't because I prefer an actual development of some sort through the book that makes you want to read it more. It reminded me of The Stranger (which I also wasn't crazy about) - but The Stranger had a plot at least (its downfall for me was the nasty, selfish character that cared for no one but himself).
No comments:
Post a Comment