I really enjoyed this very well written, and sometimes creepy, mystery. It was one of those books that made me fight to stay awake (not because it was boring, but because I was exhausted) because I wanted to keep reading it.I read somewhere that this is a book lovers book, and it is. The protagonist, Margaret Lea, is a writer and a book worm, who has been beckoned by the worlds most intriguing and secretive writers to do her biography. This infamous writer, named Vida Winter, is known for making up stories about her past in order for people to never learn of her past. Her name isn't even really Vida Winter. But she's dying and wants to give a record of her true life to Margaret.
What follows is a story about murder, secrets, ghosts, winter, a mysterious fire, and best of all..the connection of all of it to classic books like Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights.
This is a strange book but I thought that it was so well written that I actually felt for these characters..which doesn't happen as often when you are constantly reading. What a great debut for this author...I'll definitely look out for her next book.
No comments:
Post a Comment