Thursday, November 24, 2011

Monsters of Men



This last book in the Chaos Walking trilogy is highly rated on goodreads but I didn't think it was that great. The unique storytelling and plot are completely overshadowed by the sickening and underdeveloped, never ending puppy love going on between the two main characters. I read through this 500 + page book quickly because I had invested so much time into the first two (which were much better, this one is solely war, war, more war, puppylove, war). All three sides of said war on the "New World" were not innocent, so I didn't find myself really pulling for anyone. I can see a lot of parallel comparisons to our current society, which I believed I mentioned in my post on Book Two...so I DO think this is a good trilogy for young adults who want to read something easy and aren't really up to par on how society works (due to their ages, not because they are stupid) and why there is inevitable and destructive conflict even in a society that strives to be utopian. It's a good way to prove that young people (such as the two young narrators) can make a difference and all that blah blah blah...

I liked the ending, but I still couldn't wait for this to finish.

No comments: