
Well, it's true. I couldn't go much further with my reading list without reading another WWII related book. And this was very much work it. This was everything it was described before I read it. It was shocking, sad, well developed, and an absolute addictive read. I loved it. I gasped a few times while reading this book, but that is to be expected when it comes to Naziism and how awful it was not only for adults who understood what was happening to them, but for the Jewish children who didn't understand why they were so hated.
This book has two stories going on for the first hundred pages. One story is about a young Parisian girl, Sarah, who is taken from her home with her parents in 1942. And those taking her and her family weren't Nazi's, they were their own neighbors. The other story going on follows present day Julia Jarmond, a journalist who finds that she is connected to this young girl, Sarah. This story isn't just about war, death, and struggle. it's about an aftermath, the lives that continue to be influenced by that terrible time, and most of all, the importance of love. I recommend this.
No comments:
Post a Comment