I'm going to keep it short, but San Diego was a lot of fun. It's an area with a ton of veterans, affluent folks, and Mexican tradition.
We went to the Wildlife Park, the San Diego Zoo, and Seaworld. We also went to the Museum of Aerospace. And I loved the Old Town. They had a candy shop that was ridiculously awesome. I think out of the Parks the Wildlife Park was the best. The animals are happy and in their element. It was weird to have giraffes running and eating right next to you.
The weather was great (except when we went more inland and towards LA where I thought I was going to have a stroke) but otherwise there was always a nice breeze. Our resort was FABULOUS. they had the best stores. The best food we had was there, so we didn't have to go far.
I cannot believe I have to go back to work on Monday. I always hear that taking a vacation is good so that you put things in perspective. And now I know more than ever that I can't stand to stay where I work when there are much better things I could be doing with my time.
I think this was the best vacation I've ever been on! I took about 300 photos. Even their malls were way nicer....and we supposedly went to a crappy one. (we only went to the mall for more capri's, we didn't want to be in a mall on our vacation). Usually, for reasons I can't identify, I miss New York..but because I dislike our city immensely I didn't really want to come back here. When we got off the plane, we stepped out of JFK and there was a police chase going on. Oh to be home. I did long for my own bed though. And I missed my cat who, by the way, is up my ass ever since I came back. She missed me!
Cons:
1. JetBlue doesn't feed you. I was ready to rip someone's head off the first night we were in San Diego, I was so flippin hungry.I was at least expecting a muffin. Not a meal even. But boy was I wrong.
2. Pink Flamingoes are smelly and gross. My respect for them has definitely diminished.
1 comment:
no meal on such a long-ass flight? wtf. sounds like you had a great trip. you so deserved it. i know what you mean about getting perspective-- i think i need some of that right now! and, i'm happy for Gabby that you're back. ; )
Post a Comment