
I realized a couple of years ago that I'd never read a Stephen King book. Mostly because all of his books immediately become movies. Even the short stories -which end up being the best movies (Shawnshank) - so I never bothered.
One of my friends in England who is my taste soulmate and I've known for 12 years recommended this book months ago...and I just forgot. So I finally read the first of this series and I really did like it, just like he knew I would. It wasn't what I expected at all. It was twisted in every way expected of a Stephen King book...but it had depth to it that I didn't expect. Even the way the story began was classic. I liked the feel to the book and I must say that the pictures in the novel were deeply disturbing but wonderful. I'm not going to lie---I had to look up some things I was confused about on the internet to see what other readers takes on The Gunslinger were. I couldn't wait to see what what going to happen next, so I'm on the next one which is turning out to be awesome.
One thing though: I still don't know why he wants to be in The Dark Tower.
No comments:
Post a Comment