I won the tickets for the Heart Association fundraiser. The seats were amazing. We were really close to the players and the weather was nice. The Yankees won in the 11th inning thanks to a homer by Johnny Damon.
One impressive thing about the stadium itself: the bathrooms. Because the stadium is new, the bathrooms are clean. Not only that, there are close to 50-60 stalls per bathroom (and I think there are about 7 bathrooms or so on EACH tier-so thats a lot of bathrooms). No line. No wait. The OLD Yankee stadium had dirty little bathrooms that only had three stalls!
Not only that, the stadium is simply gigantic. It's not as huge as the Texas Rangers stadium, but I think that would be kind of unnecessary for the Bronx. The seats are comfortable too! They now have drink holders and enough space in between the seats in front and behind you.
The stores inside are nice too. Partly because people who don't have tickets aren't allowed into the stadium at all. It's all become very exclusive. So no one is going in and loitering around the stores. Everyone was there to shop and get out. The people working at the stadium are kind and help you with everything. I had the time of my life.
I feel so grateful to be able to know that I went to the Inaugural Year of the new Yankee Stadium when its fresh and virginal! Just to think that 75 years from now, this stadium will probably still be used. Tickets are $900 - $2000 PER SEAT. So I know if I hadn't devoted myself to this incredible cause I wouldn't have ever been able to see this stadium, see the players, or had the experience I did.
3 comments:
yay, you got to see the new stadium! and your team won, which- let's face it, always makes you feel better about spending money at the stadium. everything you describe sounds awesome. as much as i love fenway, the seats are tiny and uncomfortable (not to mentinon expensive) and my ass always hurts by the 6th or 7th inning. lucky you!
there aren't cheap seats? omg, who can afford to go to a game? that's ridiculous. so glad you were able to go.
(want me to quote code for restroom fixture requirements? i can tell you how many fixtures there should be per 30,000 seats based on assembly occupancy!)
no cheap seats. they are all taken. even bad seats are 200 a pop. All the very good seats are for corporations or celebrities. And those seats are empty. It's become very unfair. its a ballgame, not the opera!
Post a Comment