Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Obama

I keep hearing him being called that on the radio now and it's sounds weird to me, mostly because it was 'President Bush' for what seemed like an era plus infinity, to the 15th power. Today was exciting. Even though I was stuck at work, some people stopped to watch it on the net, like me. I also taped it on my DVR because I really just wanted to see him sworn in. All the other stuff I didn't care about as much, I just wanted to see it become official. It's all ceremony, but it was still so cool to see so many people excited and ready to work towards something better.

I did feel bad for the people that got hypothermia standing out in that DC cold though. But at least they witnessed something most people can never say they experienced. I wish I could have been at todays Inauguration, subzero temps or not. So I guess I don't feel too bad for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you must've seen the footage of the Bushes getting on the helicopter, with the Obamas and Bidens seeing them off. it was quite a lovely scene, wasn't it? A BUH BYE.

Elaine said...

haha nooo I didn't see that. I only really watched him getting sworn in and the speech. All the other stuff I can live without.

like I really don't care what Michelle Obama wore.