
I was expecting something completely different. I know this is a classic, but I knew nothing about it and I thought it was going to be an ironic thriller (a Catch-22) It was a good war book though. I usually avoid those. It was supposed to be funny...and I usually enjoy satire, but I just couldn't find this amusing at all. If anything, it made some of the American military look like complete immoral idiots...which sat with me wrong. The characters are great, even though there are a lot of them to keep track of, and some of them I really did get attached to (with the exception of ones the author made aggravatingly retarded). Catch-22 is all over the place though...the term and the book structure itself....if that makes any sense.
Maybe it was Yossarian, the protagonist, himself that disappointed me most about the book. He made up for it in the end, but by that time it was too late for him or the book to win me over.
No comments:
Post a Comment