Sunday, January 18, 2009

Netflix

I am cutting my plan at Netflix to one movie. One! This is blog worthy because I have always loved Netflix...but I enjoyed it when less people were using it. So this is kind of a bummer. My reasons:

1. I never have time to watch the movies, which wastes money because I end up having a movie at home forever. I can't believe I managed to have three at a time at one point, because I seriously can't find the time to even see two. I can't even find movies I really want to see anymore because there really aren't any. Even when I get ready to watch a movie I say to myself "I hope this isn't too long". So I'm not enjoying it the way I used to.
2. The movies I always want to see are on a "long wait" or "very long wait". 
3. I have On Demand, which is free. And their selection is getting better. Plus, the Sundance Channel.

I'm not getting rid of it completely, because I do enjoy the service and I've had it for four years at this point, but I'm not going to spend money on something I'm barely using, even if it does seem like only a few dollars...that's money on my credit card that I don't want there. Maybe when the economy is better and I have money to spend and time to spare...I'll go back up again. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've always been on the 2-movie plan. hope the 1-movie plan works out for you.

Keeffer said...

i'm on the three, and i thought about cutting it after the same three movies sat in my house for 2 months. but i just sent them back and i'm determined to make it worth it. not having cable (or after february even a TV that works- we still use rabbit ears) means rentals are our only option.

i think you'll be fine- besides, you read with your time instead. i'm jealous every time you post about a new book you've read!

Elaine said...

yeah, I can totally understand not having cable and wanting to substitute.

don't be jealous...I'm making up for lots of lost time during times when 1. i was out of it 2. i was wasting time on a message board and 3. i was in school.