
It started out good, then got bad, then got really bad. I thought this was going to be a little more lighthearted. It's definitely not. I thought it would be more about the animals and an odd way of growing up on the crocodile theme park for the main character. Instead, there is a whole lot of sadness, death, even rape, in this book that just fell flat for me. Not too much about the animals. And the one part that shows an animal connection ends abruptly.
I kept hoping it would be like a weirder Alice in Wonderland (that's the impression I got after reading the synopsis of it), but its more like a show of Law and Order: SVU.
The author is a good writer. I enjoyed her use of words. And its not that I couldn't stomach it..believe me I can. But the story was just a little too convoluted..and not in a fun way.
That's the best I could do for this very odd book.
No comments:
Post a Comment