
This was one of those "lots of characters that end up connecting in some way" novels. I didn't like it. While there were some interesting parts (a lead burly character falls in love with a small ladylike dog who he protects from an abusive former owner), I just didn't think this was that great.
It falls flat at the end too. The major storyline was about a retired woman who buys a kid off of a crackhead after she sees how abused the child is. Now, I suppose the theme of this was "taking care of someone less fortunate than you" and what happens when you don't (an older actress-another lead character-suffering from dementia has no support).
Anyway, my point it..it wasn't that good. I was halfway through the book and I was getting impatient because for the longest time, you don't know what one thing has to do with the other (some things are never explained). I don't like books that have unnecessary chapters, sentences, words... It makes you think the author, even if they are very good like this one, just wanted to fill some type of page quota.
No comments:
Post a Comment