Friday, August 26, 2011

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children




The photos in this book, real photos from ten collectors, are creepier and more interesting than the story itself. The story is fake, and with the exception of a few, which are enhanced in some way, the photos are genuine and very unsettling/odd. I don't know what I was expecting with this book but the story was built around some of the photos and for some reason fell short. I thought the world that the author created was interesting..and I'm glad I read it, but I felt like this was a really bad "goonies" like adventure with a bunch of kids after a while. The most interesting part was the peculiarities of the children, but other than that the story just couldn't hold up. This is this authors first book, and I like his style (since he is a photographer himself) of finding old photos that are unrelated and making a story out of it.

No comments: