Monday, February 28, 2011

Definitely Dead



This definitely took a while to get good. But when it did, it was like "FINALLY". One thing I really didn't like about this book was that Harris tells you every miniscule detail of what Sookie does with her time. I don't care that she washed her hair,then did her nails, then decided on a different color for her nails, then went to work, ate a burger, went home, slept, called her friend, blah blah blah. She needs to do what she did in the beginning books and get to the plot. I can see why some people would not finish this book! Other than that, once the plot was introduced, it was a much easier read. I love the history of how the vampires became vampires in the book, as well as the segregation between the abnormal non human species. Every book seems to introduce a new species: witches, fairies, demons, weretigers, etc. What an awesome world we would have if all of this was real...

The main characters in this book aren't what they seem after this read. There are a lot of turning points. It's just a matter of Harris getting to the juicy stuff that makes one lose their patience.

No comments: