
I liked this. It wasn’t that well developed and the author left me asking “what happened with this or that”, and “where did the narrator come from” (he’s an orphan and that’s all your getting). Despite that, I did enjoy this heartwrenching (and at times heartwarming) story because I have an interest in World War II and I love to read experiences of people from all angles during that very disturbing and violent time in human history. This particular story came from Warsaw (I’ve read viewpoints – all fiction – of characters from Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, the United States and other areas of Poland). Even though this wasn’t half as good as The Book Thief or City of Thieves, it was a page turner for me. And maybe the point was that this was being narrated by a young lost boy, and being too in depth would have escaped the feeling this luckless orphan had.
No comments:
Post a Comment