
David Eggers said of this book (and I paraphrase): In a perfect world, people would line up at 12 midnight for something like this.
This is why Vonnegut is my favorite contemporary author. I thought, following his death, I wouldn't be hearing his literary voice again..and I was so glad to be wrong. This was os enjoyable that I was actually disappointed that I got through it so quickly. If I didn't have to sleepor work I would have read this in one night.
This is a collection of short stories written by Vonnegut (some never released) and all of them were either completely bizarre, a story of hard lessons, funny, or a page turner. Each story is illustrated by a piece of Vonnegut's line art. For a long time, I didn't read anything but Vonnegut and now I remember why. I loved this.
No comments:
Post a Comment