I actually watched a reality show. And it was this disturbing piece of crap that not only tickles my funny bone but also gives me agida.
I'm glad this show is on the air. There is ample garbage on TV, so why not this? Now people know what normal New Yorkers and northeast coast people have to put up with. This is why I would not be caught dead in a club or bar. This is the type of crap that frequents it. This is also not a "small" population like many would like you to believe. Half of Staten Island look and act like the heathens on the show. They have loads of money so they are somewhat unavoidable.
A part of makes me happy..that I am not like these "people", but another part of me is sad that they exist ..... it's a bad sign for the human race when creatures like them roam the Earth and procreate. And I understand its embarrassing for Italian Americans who don't act like them. But we all have our embarrassing subset that doesn't necessarily represent the whole. The Irish have the drunks, the Blacks and Spanish have the gangs, the Arabs have the terrorists, etc etc. It goes on and on and its not personal.
The men on the show are womanizers. They wear lip gloss for goodness sake. And those same men, with their tans, would look at someone like me and think I'm a pale loser.
And the girls are sluts. Which then allows the men to feel justified in their behavior.
It's more realistic than any reality show I've seen. How sad.
1 comment:
i watch the show in utter disbelief that these people exist. i can't believe they don't see themselves and go, "wait, that's what we look like?" my hope is that the show turns it into a trend, and that they all eventually move on to something less ridiculous.
Post a Comment