Saturday, September 5, 2009

Vitamin Water is Evil

I thought I was doing myself a favor by drinking vitamin water. On the nutrition label it tells you it has 200 percent of this vitamin, 50 percent of this vitamin, blah blah blah. I figured drinking water plus some vitamins would do me good in addition to the multivitamin I take everyday. Little did I know it's worse than drinking coke (i never drink that) and some Starbucks drinks. It has too much sugar and calories in it are actually high (and read the calorie intake very carefully, they try to trick you). I was trying to figure out why I kept gaining weight. I'm not overweight by any means, but I hadn't changed my diet so I couldn't figure it out. So, I asked one of the nutritionists I work with and she told me the evils of vitamin water and that I should definitely stop drinking it. And I have...and I've miraculously lost two pounds.

Vitamin water is terrible for you! (and if you google vitamin water people discuss how it doesn't help your health at all). Boohiss to false marketing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh man. i've never tried those, but thanks for the warning. at least you found out the reason for your weight gain. i hate when labels try to trick you- like saying there's only 350 grams of sodium "per serving" in a teeny-tiny package of something, but... then there's supposedly three servings in the package. yeah right.