
Wow. I really enjoyed reading this...and I'm not one for biographies. I knew the FLDS was one sick group of puppies...but I never ever knew the extent. I never knew he extent of the abuse of women, animals, and children. And the brainwashing...it's really very disturbing. It's like they are the mafia but in sheep's clothing. This book is narrated from a woman born into polygamy, was married to a man who already had three wives, and then she had 8 of his children. When she starts to stand up for herself..every bad thing that happens to her (including one of her sons who is stricken with cancer) her sister wives and her incredibly abusive and very powerful spouse blame it on her rebellion. God is used as a weapon...and these people fall for it, Luckily she didn't and she got out. Her struggles are unbelievable. I think of what I was doing when she was being tortured by these people, when she was trying to keep her son alive, and when she was stalked and threatened once she got out and I think to myself "I'm so lucky to have my freedom".
Am I happy Katherine Heigl will play her in a movie? Nope. But hopefully any movie done will do this book justice...regardless of what lame actress is the lead role.
No comments:
Post a Comment