
I wanted to write this before I forgot to 1. write a blog and 2. forget what I liked about the book. I finished this last week but haven't had much of a chance to be online.
At first I didn't like this book. I didn't know where it was going. But then it got really good. Basically, it's about a dysfunctional town seen through the eyes of a young boy. Some parts even scared me. And one part (a story about an old woman and a young man who were star crossed and only met each other in their lifetimes when one was about to die of old age and the other was about to begin their adult life). It was odd, but it was good. It was like reading about a whole bunch of short stories all connected by this little boy -and memories remembered by when bottles of dandelion wine were made . It wasn't a sci fi piece like his other books. I can't wait to read the second book.
1 comment:
sounds like a cool story, and i really like that cover illustration.
Post a Comment