


Over the weekend I went to a Pow Wow. Those are some pictures I took above. I loved it. There was music, dancing, shopping, food (had my first authentic Navajo vegetarian taco), and storytelling for kids. They had a Birds of Prey there (owls, hawks, eagles) and a Wolf. I bought some jewelry, christmas gifts, tobacco ( not to smoke, but to burn as incense coz its flavored), specialty tea (tastes amazing), and other smaller things. Nothing is taxed because of the nation within a nation status. I even bough hand crafted moccasins, and I love them. Buying new things inspired me even more to get rid of old things that just don't have the meaning to me anymore.
Anyway, I went both days over the weekend, I had so much fun . The crowd that goes is really calm and good spirited. I didn't see one negative person. And I liked being around that. It was intertribal so there were soo many tribes that came with their vendors and artifacts. I can't wait to go to more.
2 comments:
that is soooooo cool. gotta love being around positive energy. and getting to know your hertiage too, right? and birds of prey! they are so awesome. i see hawks pretty often, but i'd love to see an owl.
you know, I planned on going to the big one here in OC, but never got around to it. This blog inspired me to finally go
Post a Comment