
This is Med sud i eyrum vid spilum endalaust (album title). Above is the album cover.
The new Sigur Ros album came out about a week and a half ago and I knew it was coming out. I can't believe I waited. I had heard that it was more pop like than any of their other albums, and the first song is (but it isn't bad). But once you go to the second track its just like how I remember and love them. The album is more positive and lyrical than their past albums but I like that they are trying something new. I'm partly regretting downloading it now because I have heard the actual inside album artwork for the CD is gorgeous (and cheaper on Amazon)-but I didnt want to wait or pay for shipping.
With Sigur Ros, you either love it or hate it. They are not for everyone. It's unique and odd mostly because no one can understand a word of it, and some of us like that. I can see why people wouldn't want to be bothered. Therefore, I'm not surprised they are ignored.
I am no music expert but I can say with certainty that this album is beautiful. Every single song. This is the best album I've heard in a long time. The arrangements, the lead singers voice, everything. And even though a comparison between them and any other band (with the exception of Bjork-who I like but not as much) is futile because they are their own style...it makes me see how much other surviving bands have fallen.
1 comment:
I'll check it out for sure.
And- I'm glad you have a blog here. Way easier for me to read because I don't use myspace anymore really. I'll bookmark and check all the time!!!
Post a Comment