4/5
I enjoyed this a lot. I was reading this list of books that scared people, and this was listed several times. This didn't scare me, but it was interesting and fun to read. I definitely prefer Stephen King's older books. I never knew what 'Salems Lot was about, but I always assumed it had something to do with the Salem Witch Trials- which it doesn't. It's about a haunted house, vampires, and the people in a small Maine town that are washed out by evil (which is said in the first chapter so I'm not giving anything away). The town is called Jerusalems Lot, or 'Salems Lot.
I thought it was also a fast read, which is not what I'm used to with Stephen King. He tends to drag everything out and I enjoyed that he went with the "less is more" route with this novel. I recommend to anyone who wants to read a traditional scary novel.

No comments:
Post a Comment