Sunday, May 6, 2012

Chomp

This is about a family living off of nothing in the Everglades of Florida. The perspective if given by a young teenager who lives and loves living on a swamp land with his mother and father. His mother ends up going to work abroad because money is so tight, leaving son and father to fend for themselves.

An opportunity arises when a Reality TV show producer approaches the father and son to bring a "Steve Irwin" type reality star into their property so that he can wrestle with the animals. The good thing is, it will definitely pay well, the bad thing is the "reality star" is a gigantic fake that doesn't know the first thing about animals, doesn't actually live in the wild (contrary to what he tells his audience), gets a spray tan, and uses a fake New Zealand accent.

Problems arise when the reality star insists working with this hard as nails family- which ends up leading to the reality star getting lost in the wild.

I will leave it at that. This read to me like a children's book, so it didn't do anything for me. I think a young adult would like it (or a pre teen)...but this just fell flat for me. I think the writer typically does children's books...so I don't feel like my opinion really should go too far because I'm used to something a little more developed. If you do decide to read it, it won't take long to finish.

No comments: