
I decided to read this because it was one of the few Stephen King novels that I didn't see as a TV show or movie yet. It started out excellent, but by page 600 I was wanting it to be over (it went up to page 823). It was just too long but the story was very, very well done. Early Stephen King can't be outdone, and its not that I can't read a long book, but after a while I just wanted to move on. I've read one other series (The Dark Tower--also really long), and the ending was very so-so.
The first "book" called Captain Trips was the best one. It really delves into the end of the world, and you can tell its original and has since been copied. The rest of the novel *Books 2 and 3) go into good vs. evil, and there are some corny love stories in the mix as well.
I'm glad I read it, but I'm also glad I've finished it. Whenever you want a book to be done..that's never good!
Having said that, I think its good for people who love that "end of the world" stuff you see in the movies. It's always great to read an original.
No comments:
Post a Comment