
The last time I read a John Grisham book was when I was 13 and read "The Client" and "A Time to Kill" back to back (before those movies based on them where even a twinkle in Joel Schumacher's eye). So, I saw this book in the supermarket of all places and decided to try it because I remember liking his books even though I was a baby when I read his earlier work.
This book was a bunch of short stories about people living in Ford County (the same backwards place A Time to Kill took place in). And it was good. I really enjoyed it because it was just so simple. No twisted rape or murder. No CIA operation. None of it. And a lot of the short stories were beyond entertaining. Normal people doing normal things, and still managing to be abnormal. I'd forgotten why John Grisham was considered so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment